Womenswear designer (Sportswear market)
1. Excellent working environment
2. Health care benefits
3. Opportunity for advancement
1. Trend research in the womens contemporary sportswear market (internet, magazines, shop stores).
2. Develop mood boards to present to buyers, develop seasonal color palettes and collection inspirations.
3. Prepare technical sketches and teck packs to send to overseas makers for product development.
4. Prepare presentations for sales meetings, fashion shows and catalogues.
5. Daily communication and follow up with overseas makers, participate in fit sessions, quality control, ensure delivery dates are being met, trouble shoot.
1. Minimum 5 years experience as a womenswear designer catering to Canadian and US retail specialty chains as well as independents.
2. Experience designing womens mid priced sportswear and "fast fashion".
3. Ability to develop specific selections for each customer, ability to adapt styling to accommodate set retail price points.
4. Knowledge of garment construction, fit specifications and patternmaking an asset. Experience communicating with overseas makers a must.
Contact: Jeff Goldstein - email@example.com
More Montreal Fashion Jobs
- Customer Service Manager (E-Commerce) - Fashion
- US Sales and Marketing Fashion Representative - Licensing (Ville St Laurent)
- Technical Production Coordinator - Licensing (Ville St Laurent)
- Fashion Designer (Winter Sports Apparel)
- Graphic Artist - Licensing (Fashion) - Ville St Laurent
- E-Commerce Intern
- Sr. Import Production Coordinator (Position Closed)
- Senior Sweater Fit and Spec. Technician (Position Closed)
- Senior PAD Pattern Maker (Position Closed)
- Senior Graphic Designer/Artist (Position Closed)
- Female Fit Model- Size Medium
- Merchandiser / Design Director (Clothing and Clothing Accessories)
- Junior Production Executive (Wholesale) (Montreal)
- Head Shipper (Large Warehouse - Fashion)
- Designer / Production Coordinator (Mens & Boys Streetwear)
- Couturiers(res) / Sewing Machine Operators
- Fluently Bilingual Stock Order Entry Professional - Home Fashion (Lasalle)
- Fit Spec Technician (Ville St Laurent)
- U.S. Sales Manager - Ladieswear
- Fashion Order Entry/Merchandise Allocator