Bright, neon, and even pastel colors are getting the color blocking treatment, contrasted with darker colors such as black to give a more dramatic effect or paired with neutrals to tone it down a notch. From citrusy hues like coral, mint green, orange, and bright yellow, to cool colors like lilac, magenta, and cobalt blue, mixing and matching colors has never been more fun. (A useful tip: don’t wear more than 3 main colors per outfit. Otherwise, you may end up looking a little clown-ish. )
Designers are playing with geometric shapes, as seen at our favorite international and local brands. Every designer is putting their own spin on this trend. One of my favorite collections this upcoming season is Chloé – lots of white mixed with solid corals and pinks are absolutely stunning color combos. Simple and yet very striking. And although we’re bound to be hit with this trend in full-force coming spring and summer, we’re sure to see it continuing well into fall, too.
There are so many different color trends popping up this coming summer, from floral prints to Aztec motifs, but nothing is more powerful than solid bold colors from head to toe.
Silvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.
Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.
Click here to get in touch with Silvia.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06