The venue was most appropriate. Held at the luxurious Victoria Park Spa in Westmount, invitees were cordially welcomed to browse the area and learn more about this fantastic brand known as Glossybox.
What is it? Essentially, a beauty enthusiast will subscribe to a monthly fee to receive a beautifully gifted pink box containing 5 or 6 assorted items in makeup, hair care, and other essentials. Originating in Germany and expanding to many countries across the globe, the event was Canada’s first for the worldwide brand.
The first Glossygold Ambassador, Dee Thompson, was the special guest of the evening. She continually supports the Glossybox brand through her online blog “Liner and Glitter and Gloss, oh my!”, where she unveils her Glossybox goodies on a monthly basis. Definitely worth checking out.
Guests enjoyed champagne and delicious cupcakes baked fresh by the talented Josie Weitzenbauer, owner of Léché (www.lechejw.com). Meanwhile, free makeup and hair sessions and tutorials were offered by the spa’s experts. If that wasn’t enough, a candy bar was set up with a yummy selection of goodies, thanks to Sucre Bleu candy shop. Needless to say it was a very girly night!
Glossybox’s PR Jillian Zrihen kindly showed me the “history of Glossybox” thus far. In the past couple of months, Glossybox has gifted the most luxurious products to many satisfied customers. And the brand is only getting started. To really get a feel for what Glossybox is all about, very generous gift bags were given in addition to the free samplings that were scattered about. Some of my favorite brands included were Algemarin, Evian, Elin Bianco, and Marc Anthony – whose hairspray smells amazing by the way!
They say beauty comes from within, and although this is true, we all want to feel spoiled from time to time by the products that enhance our natural beauty. And what a great way to learn about the latest beauty products on the market! Hopefully this event marks the beginning of something really wonderful for Glossybox in Montreal and the rest of Canada.
Silvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.
Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.
Click here to get in touch with Silvia.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06