As customary to such events, delicious cupcakes and champagne were offered, as well as neatly gifted samplings of scented lotions and Coccolily nail polish (love)!
I was ecstatic about the opening, and of course, indulged in the racks of clothes. I had tried on this gorgeous neon pink peplum skirt, but it didn’t seem to fit right. Even the kind saleslady thought so, until someone came up to me and said, “I’m the designer of this skirt, the zipper is meant to go on the side”. Oops – I was wearing it the wrong way. It was slightly embarrassing, but I got to meet Montreal designer Arti Gogna and I bought the skirt in the end!
The lovely owner, Castle, told me she never dreamed of opening up a second 1861 boutique; she is also the owner of Razberry and Downstairs. It almost happened overnight. Most of her clientele from the Plateau area had some kind of influence, since it is located in their proximity. The place and location just seemed like a perfect fit at an unexpected time.
The clothes, shoes, and accessories speak for themselves. The idea of 1861 is to have one of a kind, and yet affordable, select pieces from designers all over the world – such as Europe, Australia, and most notably Montreal.
Another great, enjoyable event in the city. Until next time, happy shopping! xx
Silvia graduated from LaSalle College in Fashion Design and then obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Concordia University with a major in English Literature and minor in Art History. She has been working in the industry as a fashion designer for a few years now.
Silvia is also one of the writers we recommend to those who are looking for talented and reliable fashion writers.
Click here to get in touch with Silvia.
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06