The vintage inspiration was evident all around, from the soy candle teacups to the delicate Victorian décor. What started off as a soap-making company has now branched out into other products such as facial products and perfumes as well. Samplings of the new Summer 2014 collection of body butters and perfumes were neatly laid out for guests to navigate freely. Sweet floral and fruit scents, but not overpowering. Lilac is a staple for the brand, as its delicate scent validates its popularity each season.
All production for Dot & Lil is made in-house in small batches - to avoid becoming mainstream. They really try to provide an authentic, handcrafted quality, which is what their loyal customers love. Dorian says they have really grown exponentially in the past 5-6 years and continue to do so, with hopes of reaching international status.
Natural ingredients are used as much as possible, though sometimes fragrances are used to achieve certain scents. The team continuously tests all of the products over and over again until they reach their desired effect. So those with sensitive skin, such as myself, need not to be concerned (phew!). Note to all: the body butter is a must-have!
Men have something to rejoice in as well: Clark & James is the men’s line that will be launching soon. Although the company already produces shaving soaps, brushes and razors, they plan on expanding with a whole line of various products for men. No lilac and peach blossom scents here though – the products will have "gentlemanly" scents, such as tobacco and gin & tonic.
It was great learning about a flourishing local business that really takes skincare to heart. Visit the website to see more products and where to purchase: http://www.dotandlil.com
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12