Michael sees fashion in a way different from most designers; visualizing the person in the garment before it’s even fully conceived. Not just a flat sketch on a piece of paper, but more like already on someone in a club having the best night of her life. He sees and feels the piece first, before it’s even on paper, let alone in fabric; then breathes life into it. Visit the live.now site for lots more insights into Michael’s creativity.
Michael did a fashion segment that aired on the Heather B show (Virgin Radio 95.9) for almost a year recently, dishing out advice and suggestions from classic style to the latest trend. He is in talks these days with a major US radio station, and we’re excited to see what comes off of it.
Design-wise he is really thinking ahead, already working full force on Spring 2012. The collection will be available on the website for the normal buying season, and is one that he is very proud of so far. He won’t tell us much, but does say the collection mixes edgy with flirty and sexy; and has solid colors mixed in with black. As for the website, it will be fully up and running in July 2011, and October 2011 will see the launch of the online store when every piece will be available for purchase.
He stays true to the best advice he’s ever gotten: “Find what you love doing, and never stop working at it”. And in Michael’s case, the awesome fashions that come out of his studio, clearly show that, that delivers success!
Share this with your friends!
Shilpa has over 20 years of experience in the Fashion Industry. She has been involved in various areas of the fashion business like Imports, Manufacturing, Buying and Sales.
She brings her love for fashion and the written word to her role as the editor of this online publication. Also, her fondness for connecting with people and her fashion biz savvy are invaluable to the buying team at the Exclusive from Montreal's Finest store.
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Shilpa Varghese
- Photographer Peter Ford - Lens on Montreal Fashion posted on Saturday, 02 February 2013 20:25
- Michael Eardley - Rebirth One S/S 2013 posted on Thursday, 18 October 2012 22:36
- Day 4 - Anomal Couture Lives up to Expectations posted on Saturday, 08 September 2012 00:00
- Day 3 - Annie 50, Hip & Bone, Rudsak posted on Friday, 07 September 2012 00:00
- Day 2 - Iris Setlakwe, DUY, Denis Gagnon, UNTTLD posted on Thursday, 06 September 2012 00:00
- Spring-Summer 2013 with Tavan Mitto, Melissa Nepton, Anastasia Lomonova and Martin Lim posted on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 00:00
- Prepping for MFW23 with Help from Friends posted on Sunday, 02 September 2012 00:00
- Two Ways We’re Celebrating Montreal Fashion and Fashion Designers posted on Saturday, 21 July 2012 16:38