The founders elaborate:
Moral Fibers is not a non-profit, but it’s our company philosophy that the distinction between non-profit and for-profit doesn’t affect the amount of “good” a company can do. We represent the forefront of a new breed of ethical brand that doesn’t exploit its employees in the developing world, but rather works with them over the long-term to develop their skills and talents as artists. Moral Fibers does not give handouts, we give opportunities.
On the other side, the consumer knows exactly who they’re helping and exactly how they’re helping them. With the sale of just one line, the artist receives almost four times Haiti's national average salary; enough money for them to support their families and focus on creating art as a full time job.
An interesting concept with a product line to match. All clothing items are adapted directly from artworks painted by 15 artists living in Haiti. Haitian art comes alive in vibrant colours on most pieces. Several others carry poignant stories through sketches done by the artists. We also get brief glimpses of the artists, through their own words.
I am 16 years old. I don’t have a job, and I am still going to school (I am in third year of secondary school), although it is my passion to draw... - Alexis Jean Sylvio
When you click on the item you wish to buy, you learn all details not just on the content/size of the item, but also something about the artist behind it and exactly how much he/she will earn. Isn't it great to see something like this taking wings in Montreal? Hop on over to their site and let me know what you think.
Share this with your friends!
Shilpa has over 20 years of experience in the Fashion Industry. She has been involved in various areas of the fashion business like Imports, Manufacturing, Buying and Sales.
She brings her love for fashion and the written word to her role as the editor of this online publication. Also, her fondness for connecting with people and her fashion biz savvy are invaluable to the buying team at the Exclusive from Montreal's Finest store.
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Shilpa Varghese
- Photographer Peter Ford - Lens on Montreal Fashion posted on Saturday, 02 February 2013 20:25
- Michael Eardley - Rebirth One S/S 2013 posted on Thursday, 18 October 2012 22:36
- Day 4 - Anomal Couture Lives up to Expectations posted on Saturday, 08 September 2012 00:00
- Day 3 - Annie 50, Hip & Bone, Rudsak posted on Friday, 07 September 2012 00:00
- Day 2 - Iris Setlakwe, DUY, Denis Gagnon, UNTTLD posted on Thursday, 06 September 2012 00:00
- Spring-Summer 2013 with Tavan Mitto, Melissa Nepton, Anastasia Lomonova and Martin Lim posted on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 00:00
- Prepping for MFW23 with Help from Friends posted on Sunday, 02 September 2012 00:00
- Two Ways We’re Celebrating Montreal Fashion and Fashion Designers posted on Saturday, 21 July 2012 16:38