|Semaine de Mode Montréal 18|
A bit of a fairytale, the show started off great with an amazing one shoulder gray fitted dress that the designer also did in a fuchsia pink. There were a lot of big shoulders on the tops and dresses, but made in the most beautiful way. Once again there were black leggings on the runway, but the collection left me wanting more. As I spoke with the designer herself backstage, she told me the collection was inspired by strong yet feminine women, and that she was very happy to be back in Montreal. We can strongly say we are happy too.
This was the show I was the most excited to see, that was till I actually saw it. Very dark & strange. There were black leggings (again!) with strange fabric tubes that resembled innards. There was this strange innards looking design on almost everything! The worst of all was that these were put on nude colored turtlenecks. What I did like about this collection were the white wool coats, and the contrast of white leggings with black turtlenecks. I even spotted Denis Gagnon watching the show, he did not clap at the end, a sign maybe?
Perfect ending to the day! Great music, great cause, great ambiance, great collection! I found Helmer to be very fresh & original, not at all dark as the previous shows. This Haitian-born designer did the show in benefit for Handicap International's mission in Haiti. You could actually feel the passion & soul of this designer on the clothes. Very colorful, each piece was more different than the last. A lot of use of patchwork in this collection. It was the most enjoyable show of the day & the mix of Montreal celebrities on the runway really got the audience into the show that they applauded almost each model. Bravo!
Helmer, Marie Saint Pierre Photographs by Abir Shah
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Alice Codrea
- Holiday Gift Suggestions posted on Monday, 06 December 2010 11:20
- MFW19 Day 3 - IRIS Setlakwe's Luxurious Spring/Summer 2011 Collection posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:35
- MFW19 Day 3 - LOVAS spring/summer 2011 delight! posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:04
- MFW19 Day 1 - HELMER Spring/Summer 2011 Montreals Haute Couture posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 15:27
- MFW19 Day 2 - Valerie Dumaine spring/summer 2011 - What a City Girl Wants posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:29
- MFW19 Day 2 - COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 - Girly and Colourful posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:13
- MFW19 Day 1 - Eve Gravel Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 13:42
- Dinh Bà Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Saturday, 25 September 2010 08:25