|Semaine de Mode Montréal 18|
This was a fun & girly collection. The girls on the runway reminded me of dolls with their big hair and bubbly dresses. I actually spotted Tia Ayrton-Hill from Canada's Next Top Model cycle 2 on the runway. There were a lot of pretty dresses with lace & some piece reminded me of a younger (if possible) Betsey Johnson.
As I spoke with this designer after his show, he told me that the collection was inspired by strong women... and he added that there are no weak women, because all women are strong in their own way. It was big punk, grunge yet feminine. There were some rockin' shiny leather-like mini skirts & purple colored tops with ruffles. The jewelery really caught my eyes, big silver cuffs & chunky metal necklaces. Dark colors for this collection again, but the pieces had a lot of great attitude. It was a pleasure to interview such a gifted designer, stay tuned for the complete interview.
The show started off great! Two models wearing black laced underwear bottoms came out with long sleeved silk tops. One in white & one in a pale gray. This was the first show I saw with pastel colors, light blue & I think i even saw some light pink. I saw the best little black dresses in this show! There were big sleeves & shoulders. But the pieces were to date the most feminine. The fabrics really popped out too, because they were slightly shiny yet soft...shimmery. But the cool burgundy bodysuit definitely made me wonder if it could work on the streets.
To date, one of my top favorite shows. Gravel had the models don black cat ears or berets. The first model to walk the catwalk wore a black & white polka dot flowy dress. Instantly I knew I was going to enjoy the show and my instinct was right. There was lots of black, but leopard pieces and grays too. Sequins & eggplant tones. A very feminine but tough girl chic in this collection. Be sure to come back here next week to check out the interview we had with the amazingly talented designer after the show.
Photographs by Abir Shah
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Alice Codrea
- Holiday Gift Suggestions posted on Monday, 06 December 2010 11:20
- MFW19 Day 3 - IRIS Setlakwe's Luxurious Spring/Summer 2011 Collection posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:35
- MFW19 Day 3 - LOVAS spring/summer 2011 delight! posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:04
- MFW19 Day 1 - HELMER Spring/Summer 2011 Montreals Haute Couture posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 15:27
- MFW19 Day 2 - Valerie Dumaine spring/summer 2011 - What a City Girl Wants posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:29
- MFW19 Day 2 - COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 - Girly and Colourful posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:13
- MFW19 Day 1 - Eve Gravel Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 13:42
- Dinh Bà Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Saturday, 25 September 2010 08:25