|Semaine de Mode Montréal 19|
That is not a bad thing in itself, but all that running from Marché Bonsecours to the restaurant in the rain, wasn’t too fabulous. Then once we got there, it was quite crowded and a good majority of the people were left standing. At first I didn’t think there was a 'fashion show' feel to the event. But after the show, when we shared a taxi van with the models from that show, one of them told me that it wasn’t supposed to be the average runway show. They were going for more of a cocktail event ambience. But hey, even after the waiting, I still had faith in Eve Gravel. And she definitely did not disappoint.
The show kind of fell into three different segments.
The first 5 models were wearing 50s vintage inspired dresses, silky white tops and uber-cute, pouffy shorts. All vintage style, clad in pearls, gloves and pill box hats. Very lady-like and cute. The color palette is perfect for the upcoming spring/summer season as white tones will be in style.
For the second part, the 5 models were wearing marine inspired clothing! From a white silk blouse with a huge black bow to a deliciously pretty looking white sailor dress cut in almost an A line. I loved how she used the marine influence with such deftness. It lent all the pieces a trendy simplicity. Perfect to be incorporated into any ensemble.
And for the last part, there was a lot of olive green and black, to match the army look.
My favorite look from that segment was the olive green dress with a bit of ruffle topped off with a leather jacket. So cool yet feminine.
Another amazing collection from Eve Gravel, no surprise there!
Visit Eve Gravels Website to see more.
Pictures by Nadeje
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Alice Codrea
- Holiday Gift Suggestions posted on Monday, 06 December 2010 11:20
- MFW19 Day 3 - IRIS Setlakwe's Luxurious Spring/Summer 2011 Collection posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:35
- MFW19 Day 3 - LOVAS spring/summer 2011 delight! posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:04
- MFW19 Day 1 - HELMER Spring/Summer 2011 Montreals Haute Couture posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 15:27
- MFW19 Day 2 - Valerie Dumaine spring/summer 2011 - What a City Girl Wants posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:29
- MFW19 Day 2 - COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 - Girly and Colourful posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:13
- MFW19 Day 1 - Eve Gravel Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 13:42
- Dinh Bà Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Saturday, 25 September 2010 08:25