|Semaine de Mode Montréal 19|
As the first model came strutting down the runway, I got a taste of what I would see for the next 10 minutes. Short hems, big shoulders, dentelle (lace) skirts, a bit of 70s influence & all very colourful! There was a lot of cut out dresses and tops. A bit tricky to wear because you couldn’t wear them with bra’s. Pull it off, and you will be on the best dressed list anywhere!
The color palette for Naana Tennachie Yankey’s ( Coccolily designer) collection was royal blues, yellows, different hues of pinks & off whites. Exactly what I like to see women wearing in the summer. I LOVED that its wasn’t all black outfits, which was a bit surprising because Melanie Brisson was the stylist for this show. And while she does put together great outfits, they tend to be a bit more dark than what was on display at the COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 collection. There were also models wearing strapless bra’s with dentelle skirts or shorts. The designer created a beautiful lady like spring/summer 2011 collection. Very refreshing, Bravo!
Photographs by Sam
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Alice Codrea
- Holiday Gift Suggestions posted on Monday, 06 December 2010 11:20
- MFW19 Day 3 - IRIS Setlakwe's Luxurious Spring/Summer 2011 Collection posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:35
- MFW19 Day 3 - LOVAS spring/summer 2011 delight! posted on Thursday, 30 September 2010 11:04
- MFW19 Day 1 - HELMER Spring/Summer 2011 Montreals Haute Couture posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 15:27
- MFW19 Day 2 - Valerie Dumaine spring/summer 2011 - What a City Girl Wants posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:29
- MFW19 Day 2 - COCCOLILY spring/summer 2011 - Girly and Colourful posted on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 08:13
- MFW19 Day 1 - Eve Gravel Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Tuesday, 28 September 2010 13:42
- Dinh Bà Spring/Summer 2011 posted on Saturday, 25 September 2010 08:25