|Semaine de Mode Montréal 20|
To begin the show, black and white ensembles including wide leg trousers emerged onto the stage. It was like being treated to a tasteful appetizer prior to the colorful, embellished main course. Dong’s latest collection is meant to "challenge the duality of nature and urbanity".
Exaggerated peplums and full circle skirts, drawing attention to tiny waists and creating the perfect hourglass shapes, made their way on stage. It was undoubtedly evocative of Christian Dior’s 1947 "New Look" era, mixed with John Galliano’s interpretation of Dior today. Traditional meets edgy. It seemed that Dong assembled a fantasy-like collection, all the while being wearable and fun.
Classic black and white pieces added the right amount of sophistication, and was balanced by an array of prints that brightened the runway - floral, leopard, animal and geometric prints brought a certain je ne sais quoi to the entire collection. One of my favorites? A fuchsia pink tailored jacket paired with leopard leggings and a floral handbag to accessorise. Be-auti-ful.
The couture inspiration was very well carried throughout as the talented designer had intended. The richness of the reds and golds contrasted well with the black full circular skirts and patterned dresses. Ruffles and layered pieces added more dimension to the already vivid collection. The gloves as well as exquisite jewellery complimented each ensemble with the flawless finishing touch.
Truly a picture perfect collection, and a designer to look forward to for many more lovely collections to come.
Photography by Jimmy Hamelin
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Dot & Lil: Bringing Skin Care To A New Level posted on Thursday, 06 February 2014 15:43
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12