|Semaine de Mode Montréal 20|
A-line skirts and dresses were a big focus. Some characterized by pleated waist treatments, while others were adorned with bows at the waist. And yet, it was the fabulous accessories - leather gloves, a variety of hats, and knee-high boots - that really pulled the looks together quite nicely.
There was something about Annie 50’s Fall collection that made it so special - the fabric selection. The ideal blend of wools, tweeds, sheers, and lace created a fluid softness. Chanel being the dominant pioneer of tweed in women’s fashion, Annie 50 looked up to the world renowned fashion house for inspiration. A touch of lace peeking out from underneath the dresses may have been subtle, but there was nothing subtle about its strikingly flirty effect with every movement.
Classic hourglass shapes and timeless fabrics elevated the traditional femininity quality. Simple knits with cowl necklines as well as tailored jackets in combo fabrics were well exhibited. The color palette consisted mainly of navy, charcoal, and cream, with red being a very important hue for the Fall season.
Simplicity can be difficult to achieve in fashion without looking too redundant or repetitive, yet Annie 50 was able to overcome that notion with a polished collection. As Gabrielle Chanel once said,
"Fashion fades, only style remains the same".
Annie 50 succeeded in not only creating "fashion", but timelessness in style as well.
Photography by Jimmy Hamelin
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06