|Semaine de Mode Montréal 20|
Designer Judith Desjardin’s Snow White themed collection was really something to see. Along the back wall of the runway stage, a neat row of red apples stood upright on the floor. Eerily sweet music, like that of an old jewellery box, played as the first model entered uncharacteristically - Dressed in a charcoal tailored jacket and bubble skirt with bright pink stockings, carrying a full bouquet of black roses. The ensuing models followed suit, either carrying roses or red apples. Very reminiscent of a gloomy rendition of Snow White.
Bubble skirts and lightly draped knits kept the collection fresh and gave life to otherwise traditional tailored pieces. Skirts and dresses were also made with pleats at the waist to give a little bit of extra fullness. The pant styles ranged from skinny to harem and carrot, which is right on trend for this year. The structured and draped garments worked well together, mainly due to the fabric selection: taffetas, rayons, and wools. Gorgeous jacquards in red and earthy brown were used to create pleated skirts and dresses, and looked lovely.
Ruffles and pin tucks further added to the feminine factor, as well as Peter Pan collars. Red was effectively contrasted by dark charcoals, navy, cream, and taupe. A collection that is very suitable for the young fashion conscious woman.
So, if you coincidentally get stuck in a dark fairytale, at least you can count on looking good with Bodybag’s latest collection. Just watch out for the poison apples.
Photography by Jimmy Hamelin
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06