|Semaine de Mode Montréal 21|
Day 2 at SMM21 did have some good showings, but my favourite was Anomal Couture. I loved the play with dark colours and textures, combined with those eclectic silhouettes.
Day 3 was studded with good, but what stood out by far was Samuel Dong. Feminine and fresh in gorgeous prints, Dong's S/S'12 line totally rocked that ramp.
Day 4's star was Vickie, whose line !NU was outstanding to say the least. I missed her showing, but managed to meet her right after with the lovely Robyn. Her line with graceful lines remind me of my all time favourite designer Jil Sander (although Vickie adds an original touch with print combos) which is why I hope to connect with the talented designer again and bring you more details.
The last show on Day 4 closed SMM21 with splendour and glitz. Caroline Neron's jewelry lived up to the hype it created; the show started late... by more than 30 minutes, whether intentional or just because it was the final show of the season, is hard to tell. But the models were gorgeous, and the choreography stood out for me - refined, elegant, focused, yet fun. Neron's jewelry was simply breathtaking, see for yourselves...
Photo Credits: Jimmy Hamelin
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Shilpa Varghese
- Photographer Peter Ford - Lens on Montreal Fashion posted on Saturday, 02 February 2013 20:25
- Michael Eardley - Rebirth One S/S 2013 posted on Thursday, 18 October 2012 22:36
- Day 4 - Anomal Couture Lives up to Expectations posted on Saturday, 08 September 2012 00:00
- Day 3 - Annie 50, Hip & Bone, Rudsak posted on Friday, 07 September 2012 00:00
- Day 2 - Iris Setlakwe, DUY, Denis Gagnon, UNTTLD posted on Thursday, 06 September 2012 00:00
- Spring-Summer 2013 with Tavan Mitto, Melissa Nepton, Anastasia Lomonova and Martin Lim posted on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 00:00
- Prepping for MFW23 with Help from Friends posted on Sunday, 02 September 2012 00:00
- Two Ways We’re Celebrating Montreal Fashion and Fashion Designers posted on Saturday, 21 July 2012 16:38