Day 3 - Annie 50, Hip & Bone, Rudsak

We are now into the final two days of Montreal Fashion Week, and today seems to have been my favourite thus far. I had a hard time narrowing down images for this post, so will post the rest on FB, link at the bottom of this article. And this tweed jacket by Montreal designer Ralph Leroy was my style choice for the occasion.

Shilpa at Montreal Fashion Week 23

Annie 50

Amélie Gingras-Rioux and Annie Chagnon founded Annie50 in 2005; inspired by 50'S fashion, their collection emphasizes femininity and the happy, fun moods that go with it.

My Top Picks:

This cute short suit is a delightful ensemble, loving the taupe and orange combo here.

Annie 50 at Montreal Fashion Week 23

What a beautiful pastel offset by the bold red. Pretty, especially the way the soft fabric flows.

Hits and Misses:

Gorgeous printed dress with a solid sash-belt, reliving the 50's vibe.

While this blouse did seem cute, I wasn't very taken in by it.

Must have:

Black, gold, and grey in these classic lines could be a staple in anyone's closet. Beautiful.

This well cut dress in a light beige, is elegant and fun!

Hip & Bone

Founded in 2010, 'knowledge-loving truth seekers' is how they describe themselves. And if their showing today is any indication, you can bet this Designer is going places. Raw. Awesome. Talent.

My Top Picks:

This double breasted jacket with contrast leather sleeves is sharp and bold.

Hip & Bone at Montreal Fashion Week 23

Loving this gorgeous leather shift dress. Dress it up or dress dress it down, look stunning either way.

Hits and Misses:

Beautifully tailored double breasted coat. What man doesn't want to own a piece like that?

A black shirt on white skinny pants. Too plain I thought, can't find any semblance of a designer's touch in this piece.

Must have:

Superb leather-fabric ensemble. This one's one my personal list to own.

The LBD, well-cut and impeccably tailored. A must-have in every woman's closet.

Hip and Bone at Montreal Fashion Week 23

Rudsak

Rudsak's motto 'Made with Love and Leather' is exactly what today's show looked like. No one does leather like Rudsak. See for yourselves.

My Top Picks:

Everything about this look - the glasses, the jacket, the skirt, and the purse - come together in so much style. Love.

Rudsak at Montreal Fashion Week 23

Stunning leather combo dress - zipper placed slightly off-front adds so much good drama.

Hits and Misses:

While this was a nice dress, it was too simple to match the otherwise heavy storyline this collection seemed to have.

I love the way several fabrics come together to make this one of my favourites!

Must Have:

This jacket worn over an asymmetrical hemlined skirt would be perfect to own.

Call it casual, call it dressy, any which way this is a hit. Aim to own.

If you've been following our coverage of this Fashion Week, then you know that this was day 3's wrap-up. We have just one more day to go, and we are stoked to see the show by one of Montreal's finest designers Anomal Couture.

Catch up with you tomorrow :) Until then go to our Facebook page where we will be adding even more pictures. And let me know if you love today's showings as much as I did!

Shilpa VargheseShilpa has over 20 years of experience in the Fashion Industry. She has been involved in various areas of the fashion business like Imports, Manufacturing, Buying and Sales.

She brings her love for fashion and the written word to her role as the editor of this online publication. Also, her fondness for connecting with people and her fashion biz savvy are invaluable to the buying team at the Exclusive from Montreal's Finest store.

Join Montreal Fashion Bizvie on Facebook | Shilpa's Poetry | Shilpa on Pinterest

Share this with your friends!

Related Montreal Fashion News...

Like this? Tweet it to your followers!

Latest articles from Shilpa Varghese

blog comments powered by Disqus

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed 
Upcoming Fashion Events

No current events.

Banner
Fashion Biz Newsletter
* indicates required