Well, the i.am clothing line for dudes (as of now), is presently in partnership with Montreal-based company i.am je suis div. of Manhattan Inc. MontrealFashionBizvie.com met with Veronique Audet and Sabrina Discenza at Manhattan International to find out more about i.am clothing.
This signature clothing line is a showcase of unique step-up gear including jackets, tees, windbreakers and accessories (which will.i.am absolutely loves to indulge in, as well as design and create). Socks, scarves and key-chains are all an integral part of this upscale line.
Véronique Audet, part of the design team at Manhattan International, maintains that the clothing line is true to the style of its founder, and will.i.am is very involved in the approval process with a say in what makes its way into the collection. Travelling widely with personal stylists can be a great incubator for fine-tuning design sensibilities, even if one were not the creative dynamo that will.i.am is. Infact, will.i.am’s creative forays often stretches the boundaries when it comes to new design ideas and concepts, according to the i.am team (5-6 Montrealers) at Manhattan International. will.i.am’s travels and exposure to trends all over the world is usually the impetus for many of the concepts that he conveys to the team at Manhattan International. The team then works on fleshing out these design concepts for will.i.am’s approval.
Spring/Summer 2010 of the i.am collection, which premiered at the Project show at Vegas in Sept 2009, was mostly tops and outerwear (including accessories, of course). This is in keeping with will.i.am’s emphasis on quality over quantity. The Fall/Winter 2010 has a slightly bigger range and includes denim pants too. Check out what the man himself has to say about his clothing line on dipdive
To give you an idea of the price point, the denim pants start at 200$ while the Jackets are in the 450$-650$ range. The line is available in stores across the US, Western and Eastern Canada and in international markets.
Manhattan International is now offering you a chance to get your hands on this whack t-shirt (S/M/L) and key chain from the collection.
Here’s what you have to do if you want to get these for yourself or the dude in your life.
1) Use the ‘facebook connect’ or the ‘twitter’ button (under the ‘comments’ section) to comment on this article adding the text ‘Step-up and Win i.am’ to your comment (if any).
2) ***IMP***: Check mark the ‘share on facebook’ or ‘share on twitter’ option that appears once you sign in using your facebook/twitter account details. This will post your comment on the site as well as your Facebook wall or Twitter feed. Maximum Two comments/entries per person (one via twitter and one via facebook)
You will be entered in a draw to win these items! The draw takes place on April 22nd 2010 and Manhattan International will send the winner the winning look fly gear. There’s even enough time to receive your prize before the Black Eyed Peas Concert in Canada July-August 2010!
Note: Giveaway Prize will be mailed to Canadian Addresses ONLY.
Share this with your friends!
Latest articles from David Hallburt
- When less is more posted on Friday, 24 August 2012 00:00
- Canada Eh! Streetstyle posted on Friday, 01 July 2011 12:54
- If you’ve hauled it, vlog it! posted on Friday, 14 May 2010 14:48
- Montreal’s Fashion Industry Jobs – Are they still around? posted on Saturday, 17 April 2010 15:59
- Look Fly with i.am posted on Wednesday, 07 April 2010 11:05
- Rihanna - white hot in HD video posted on Saturday, 09 January 2010 16:03
- Très Hot Window Display at Giorgia Femme-Ursula B. posted on Sunday, 22 November 2009 21:20