It was an public event hosted by MFW22. The turnout was slightly overwhelming, as there were more people than the small space could comfortably accommodate for the films showings. Nonetheless, it was a success and really great to see such interest in history. During the hour between both documentaries, fashionistas enjoyed wine and hors d’oeuvres. Meanwhile, the museum’s Head of Collections and Research for Costume and Textiles, Cynthia Cooper, gave a brief presentation of the night’s showings with a picture slideshow.
To say the least, the documentaries were incredibly inspirational. We got a glimpse into the personal and professional lives of Balenciaga and Givenchy themselves. With their dreams, hard work, and perseverance, they not only built the fashion empires that we know and love today, but they also laid the basis for modernity and innovative engineering in clothing. It was really interesting to see the evolution of the ideology of fashion throughout their respective careers. Furthermore, their friendship and admiration for one another’s work really unified both documentaries.
What a lovely evening, thanks to MFW22 and the McCord museum. Several dresses from Balenciaga and Givenchy, among many other incredible designers, are permanently on display at the museum for public viewing.
Photocredit (thumbnail): McCord MuseuAve.,Montreal, about 1960, MP-1987.15.5013 Photo-shoot for Jane Harris, Pine
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06