I was impressed when Mr. Sandrin told us, "we put the first digital watches together and we put the first battery watches together, too." The watch worn by Elvis happened to be the first battery watch in the world. That’s pretty cool trivia.
Philip Sparks himself fancied the watches so much that he had directly contacted Hamilton, asking them to team up with his Fashion Week shows, both in Montreal and Toronto. Honestly, I was focusing more on Sparks’ coats (and the handsome models) to even notice the watches that they were wearing. Nonetheless, I got a closer look after the show and they were pretty attractive – of course, I’m talking about the watches, not the models ;)
It is also very convenient that Philip Sparks’ sailor / Moby Dick inspired clothing collection matches the navy theme of Hamilton’s current watch collections. These are very manly watches; their large frames and thick straps coordinate with the large buttons and collars from Sparks’ coats. I especially liked how, looking over the pictures from the show, one model was wearing his watch over his long-sleeved shirt.
Mr. Sandrin also showed me one of the popular choices for women, the Khaki BelowZero model, which is regarded as the "boyfriend watch" and adorned with diamonds. I must say, I want one for myself.
It was an absolute delight it was to learn about an extraordinary company and meet some nice people, too. I think it’s definitely Hamilton’s time to shine in Canada (pun intended).
You can find Hamilton watches in downtown Montreal at Matt Bailey (1427 Crescent St.) or visit their website www.hamiltonwatch.com
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06