1) Accessories make a world of a difference
Accessorising even the minimalist of outfits can change a look completely. Whether it is a brightly designed scarf or big statement jewellery, or even that wonderful bag you are anxious to take out of its original box, use accessories to enhance your appearance. It can also help transform a daytime work look to a glamorous evening look for those (like me!) who are going straight to Marché Bonsecours in Old Montreal after work.
2) Candy on your feet
And by candy, I mean a pair of lovely shoes. They don’t necessarily have to be 6-inch heels that are barely walkable. You may want to try military boots, or go in a more feminine direction with embellished, jewel-toned or lace shoes. Lace-up boots are also a must-have and are very appropriate for MFW and the weather. Find a style that’s right for you.
3) The perfect Fall jacket
Keep warm in a light, but always fashionable jacket. A leather jacket, for instance, is practical for the cooler weather. Or perhaps a military-style jacket for the trendy individual. It also doubles up as a statement piece. A great fitted or boyfriend blazer adds seriousness and chicness to an outfit as well. Though, you may not want to wear something incredibly heavy, since it will be pretty warm indoors.
4) "Above all, to thine own self be true."
Obviously, Shakespeare was talking fashion when he said that. Meaning? Be true to your own sense of style. Tweak the fashion trends to fit your own personal style. Also, rather than trying too hard to impress the fashion critics out there or generate controversy, you might want to steer clear of a Lady Gaga meat dress and be at ease in your own skin. There are other ways to stand out. A little exaggeration, but you get the gist of it.
One thing that is crucial for Fashion Week – or otherwise, for that matter – confidence. The right attitude will get you noticed and will have you turning heads guaranteed. Nothing says "confident" more than a bright red lipstick. Feel good and be polished. You never know who you will encounter at Fashion Week, so being confident will render you more approachable, not to mention you’ll have more fun.
Few days till MFW19. See you all there!
Silvia Di Iorio – Montreal Fashion Week 18. (March 2010)
Dailymail.co.uk – London Fashion Week, Burberry. (September 2010)
Share this with your friends!
Related Montreal Fashion News...
Latest articles from Silvia Di Iorio
- Top 8 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Closet posted on Thursday, 11 April 2013 21:08
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 4 Highlights with Harricana and Télio competition posted on Friday, 08 February 2013 15:33
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 3 - Impressive Indeed! posted on Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:57
- Montreal Fashion Week 24, Day 2 - Ralph Leroy, Nisse, Symbiose posted on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 14:48
- Day1- By Thomas, Pedram Karimi, Melissa Nepton, Nadya Toto posted on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 14:42
- Designer Madeline Ledan On The Kenscoff Collection posted on Sunday, 03 February 2013 11:39
- Kenscoff’s Renowned Models Exclusive Q&A posted on Monday, 28 January 2013 21:12
- Kenscoff Collection In Motion for the Montreal Fashion Week posted on Monday, 21 January 2013 23:06